Wednesday, August 6, 2008

New York

Where to begin... Right now I'm doing two things I haven't done in far, far too long: 1) blogging. Yes, this is officially the first post of this blog, but there is an old one out there that chronicles a more youthful me. 2) I'm back in New York. Yes, it's been slightly over a year since I was here last and compared to the two previous years, that is definitely a long time not to have been out here. I suppose the only down side of having your boyfriend move across the country to be with you is that you really don't get to visit his awesome hometown nearly as much. But we're back now and it's Sam's first trip home since moving to San Francisco, so it should be a lot of fun.

This is day 1 of 7. Most of the day was spent in the air killing long hours in any number of ways, none of which were on Virgin's awesome entertainment system Red. Why? Because it was down. It's nothing to get worked up over but let's just say it's a good thing we had our ipods, DS and books.

We got to Sam's parents' house at about 8pm and went almost immediately into dinner. Despite having snacked a lot on the plane, we were ready for some good Mommy's cooking. It didn't disappoint. The rest of the night was mostly just sitting around relaxing and eating cherries. Then some quick checking of email and subway research and then all of a sudden it's two hours later and I've started a new blog.

It's nearly 1am now and I'm going to try my hardest to adjust to Eastern time so I should wrap it up. But certainly more to come as we eat our way through this next seven days.

1 comment:

Samson said...

Sounds like fun! Oh wait I was there.